We all struggle with difficult or life-changing decisions.
We all sometimes have trouble figuring out the right questions to ask to bring about the results we want to see in our lives: fulfillment, security, love, and contentment, to name a few.
The point is, if you’re struggling with a big decision, you’re not alone. And you’re not broken. Even if you feel like you’re immobilized or going back and forth all the time or just can’t rest on an answer – or even the right question.
You need a few tools to help you sort through the facts, thoughts, and feelings that come up whenever you need to make a hard choice – these tools are collectively part of the art and skill of discernment.
Whether you’re considering switching careers, going back to school, starting or leaving a relationship, or facing any other “fork in the road,” the tools (and clarity! and peace!) you acquire by learning the art of discernment will serve you for years to come.
Do you want to take the leap and leave indecision and worry behind?
Join me – Rev. Catharine Clarenbach – for my 4-week online course:
Making Hard Choices
The Art of Discernment
February 4 – March 1, 2019
During this online program of study, practice, and support, you will learn:
- concrete tools that can completely change the way you approach difficult or life-altering decisions, whether you tend to make decisions intuitively, by using hard data, or some combination of both
- decision-making skills from both “secular” and “sacred” traditions that you can call on anytime you need them
- how to refine your questions so that you have a better sense of what it is your life is really asking of you
- how to tell why and when you’ve made the right choice
Imagine feeling peace and clarity around the hard choice that’s been swirling around in your head all this time! Imagine knowing that you have the skills to ask the right questions when you’re trying to figure out which way to go in life.
Imagine the confidence and joy of knowing you’ve made a focused, single-hearted decision. It truly is possible – and I will show you how to do the work.
It’s not easy work. It’s not even always gentle. Discovering what we really, most deeply want can call into question whole swaths of how our lives are put together now. Discernment can confront us with decisions – often non-decision decisions – we’ve made, just to get along, to let circumstances catch up with us, or just not take responsibility for our choices.
There’s no reason to feel bad about having made (or not made) decisions that way. We’ve all done it.
Sometimes, though, you want something different. Sometimes you really do want to dare to find out what your deepest, wisest heart has to say to you.
What are the desires the hand of Spirit has written inside your heart? Let’s work together so you can learn the right questions to ask, how to ask them, how to listen to what your heart has to say about them, how to make a decision, and how to look for confirmation that you’ve made a good decision.
- a lesson delivered to our shared virtual classroom every weekday, with a video or audio presentation, usually with a downloadable PDF worksheet to reinforce that day’s topic or activity
- a close-knit, secret Facebook group to share your experiences with me and your classmates
- “Office Hours” with me twice per week (tentatively scheduled for Tuesday morning – Pacific and Thursday afternoon – Pacific). We’ll meet through Facebook Live in our secret group so you can look at recordings of office hours if you weren’t able to attend
- a list of poems, reflections, and other readings for you to take with you and work with during and long after our time together ends
- and, if you so choose, any time after our class has begun, you may sign up for an additional discounted, hour-long call with me to talk through your experience, the choices you’re trying to sift through, the tools that have surfaced regularly, and anything else that comes up as a result of your work throughout the course
The Making Hard Choices class for August was nearly full before I publicly announced it, so I recommend being in touch with me soon if you have questions. If you know if your heart that you need this work, go ahead and get registered sooner rather than later. We’ll only have up to 20 people in the group – I want to make sure everyone gets the attention they need!
The investment for the course is $324. A payment plan of 3 equal installments of $108 charged 30 days apart is available – and there is no penalty for choosing to pay by installment.
The additional call you may register for at any time during our class is $75
Please send an email to email@example.com and I’ll personally answer your questions.
I so look forward to working with you!