Welcome to the waiting list page for the August 2019 course, Making Hard Choices: The Art of Discernment!
Monday August 5th, 2019 – August 30th, 2019.
While our February 2019 class has passed by, it’s not too early (or too late) to sign up for information for the August class.
If you already know you’d like to receive reminders about Making Hard choices this summer, submit your information below.
If you’d like more information, simply read through this page, and if you have any questions at all contact me at the email below.
I look forward to getting to know one another better.
PS. I’m also working on a related class for September 2019 that I’m super excited about — Tarot for Discernment. Lots more information to share about that too as summer approaches.
Making Hard Choices
The Art of Discernment
During this online program of study, practice, and support, you will learn:
- concrete tools that can completely change the way you approach difficult or life-altering decisions, whether you tend to make decisions intuitively, by using hard data, or some combination of both
- decision-making skills from both “secular” and “sacred” traditions that you can call on anytime you need them
- how to refine your questions so that you have a better sense of what it is your life is really asking of you
- how to tell why and when you’ve made the right choice
Imagine feeling peace and clarity around the hard choice that’s been swirling around in your head all this time! Imagine knowing that you have the skills to ask the right questions when you’re trying to figure out which way to go in life.
Imagine the confidence and joy of knowing you’ve made a focused, single-hearted decision. It truly is possible – and I will show you how to do the work.
It’s not easy work. It’s not even always gentle. Discovering what we really, most deeply want can call into question whole swaths of how our lives are put together now. Discernment can confront us with decisions – often non-decision decisions – we’ve made, just to get along, to let circumstances catch up with us, or just not take responsibility for our choices.
There’s no reason to feel bad about having made (or not made) decisions that way. We’ve all done it.
Sometimes, though, you want something different. Sometimes you really do want to dare to find out what your deepest, wisest heart has to say to you.
What are the desires the hand of Spirit has written inside your heart? Let’s work together so you can learn the right questions to ask, how to ask them, how to listen to what your heart has to say about them, how to make a decision, and how to look for confirmation that you’ve made a good decision.
- a lesson delivered to our shared virtual classroom every weekday, with a video or audio presentation, usually with a downloadable PDF worksheet to reinforce that day’s topic or activity
- a close-knit, secret Facebook group to share your experiences with me and your classmates
- “Office Hours” with me twice per week (tentatively scheduled for Tuesday morning – Pacific and Thursday afternoon – Pacific). We’ll meet through Facebook Live in our secret group so you can look at recordings of office hours if you weren’t able to attend
- a list of poems, reflections, and other readings for you to take with you and work with during and long after our time together ends
- and, if you so choose, any time after our class has begun, you may sign up for an additional discounted, hour-long call with me to talk through your experience, the choices you’re trying to sift through, the tools that have surfaced regularly, and anything else that comes up as a result of your work throughout the course
Still have questions?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll personally answer your questions.
I so look forward to working with you!