Tarot Aficionados, you’ve been asking for me to offer a class using the cards for years, and the time has finally come!
Tarot-curious? Tarot-inexperienced? This class may be for you too!
Tarot for Discernment
September 5-23, 2019
Tarot for Discernment is a six-class course on how to use Tarot as a tool to help you make good decisions. Just as with the other tools you can learn in my August course Making Hard Choices, the Tarot is an instrument, a method of discernment that can serve you for years to come. It is not something that is one-and-done. It is a powerful way to access your own deepest, wisest self over the course of your life.
Tarot helps discernment because of its endless, fruitful symbols and variations. While it is a complex tool, you can engage it using nothing more than your own intuition, interpreting symbols as you would interpret your dreams. On the other hand, you can study traditional-to-unconventional Tarot symbolism and interpretation for your entire life. Tarot is a tool that never grows old. You will never come to its end.
Not only is Tarot well suited as a tool for discernment, but I have been reading the cards for nearly 30 years. I have spent time with many different kinds of decks, and I have played with, studied, and read cards consistently throughout these last three decades. I read cards for my own discernment, as well reading for others.
During Tarot for Discernment, I will offer some of my own reading idiosyncrasies and those members of the class who are already familiar with reading Tarot will have the chance to share your own methods. While we won’t go through how to read each of the 78 cards, we will share our thoughts and intuitions about the images on each card we choose.
However you choose to engage the materials, you’ll have the chance to learn from other learner-teachers, as well as from me, the teacher-learner. We’ll all be in it together. I’ll be interested to hear how each of us engages our intuition more fully using this particular tool. It’ll be an adventure we share together!
The Nuts and Bolts and What’s in It for YOU
- For three Thursday evenings, starting on September 5, we will share one recorded “content” call on Zoom, during which I will introduce the spread, or reading, for that week. We will begin with the simplest spreads and methods I know in the first week and move toward a more complex reading in our third week.
- Then, on three Mondays, starting September 9, we’ll discuss the material together—how you’ve used the spread, what emerged for you over the week, whether or not you found that particular reading helpful, etc.—on another recorded Zoom call.
- You’ll have access to all six recordings and may download them to keep. That way, if, say, you miss a content call, you can watch it at your leisure and still participate fully in the following discussion call. Or if you know you’re going to be away one of the weeks, you’ll still have the benefit of the content and discussion calls, both.
- You’ll receive a PDF each week for you to download and print out as a guide to our reading of the week. Again, this is material I’m giving you to keep and use again and again.
- Not only that, but we’ll have a closed Facebook group so that you can bring up questions or observations all week long, things that we can address in our Monday calls, or other topics for discussion.
- Tarot for Discernment is about intuitive skill. It is about what a card, number, image, or word means to YOU, and how you can use that information in discernment. Whether it’s a repeated phrase you use throughout a week and write about, a single reading you reflect on that offers you a concrete action step toward what you want, or a larger reading that show you a path you’re on and what else you might consider, the lessons will all be applicable to the hard choices, the life-changing decisions we all face.
- Again, if you’re very familiar with Tarot, be welcome and feel free to bring your experience! If you’re not, get yourself a deck, and join in with gusto! The only requirement is that you be willing to learn a discernment tool that leans heavily on your own intuition. Tarot never tells you something you don’t already know, deep in your own, wisest self. So come to Tarot for Discernment, and find out what that self is saying, learn what you’re missing, what you need to know, dare, and do!
Still have questions?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll personally answer your questions.
I so look forward to working with you!