August 5-30, 2019
Imagine feeling peace and clarity around the hard choice that’s been swirling around in your head all this time! Imagine knowing that you have the skills to ask the right questions when you’re trying to figure out which way to go in life.
Imagine the confidence and joy of knowing you’ve made a focused, single-hearted decision. It truly is possible – and I will show you how to do the work.
It’s not easy work. It’s not even always gentle. Discovering what we really, most deeply want can call into question whole swaths of how our lives are put together now. Discernment can confront us with decisions – often non-decision decisions – we’ve made, just to get along, to let circumstances catch up with us, or just not take responsibility for our choices.
There’s no reason to feel bad about having made (or not made) decisions that way. We’ve all done it. But you don’t have to keep doing it.
Sometimes, you realize you want something different. Sometimes you really do want to dare to listen to your deepest, wisest self. Sometimes you want to know what is written in the deepest desires of your heart.
What are those desires the hand of Spirit has written in your heart?
Let’s work together so you can learn the right questions to ask, how to ask them, how to listen to what your heart has to say about them, how to make a decision, and how to look for confirmation that you’ve made a good decisions.
During this online program of study, practice, and support, you will learn:
- Concrete tools that can completely change the way you approach difficult or life-altering decisions, whether you tend to choose intuitively, by using hard data, or some combination of both
- Decision-making skills from both “secular” and “sacred” traditions that you can call on anytime you need them and which will serve you over the months and years following the course
- How to refine your questions so that you have a better sense of what your life is really asking of you
- How to tell why and when you’ve made the right choice
- A lesson delivered to our shared virtual classroom every weekday, with a video or audio presentation, usually with a downloadable PDF worksheet to reinforce that day’s topic or activity
- A close-knit, closed Facebook group to share your experiences with me and your classmates
- “Office Hours” with me twice per week (tentatively scheduled for Tuesday morning – Pacific and Thursday afternoon – Pacific). We’ll meet through the Zoom platform so you can go back to recordings of office hours if you weren’t able to attend or there’s something you want to spend more time with
- A list of poems, reflections, and other readings for you to take with you and work with during and long after our time together ends
- And, if you so choose, any time after our class has begun, you may sign up for an additional discounted, hour-long call with me to talk through your experience, the choices you’re trying to sift through, the tools that have surfaced regularly, and anything else that comes up as a result of your work throughout the course
When you sign up for Making Hard Choices, you can also take my brand-new course at a discounted price!
Tarot for Discernment
Tarot for Discernment is a three-week course, starting September 5th, on how to use Tarot as another tool to use to make good decisions. Just as with the other tools you can learn in Making Hard Choices, the Tarot is an instrument, a method of discernment that can serve you for years to come. It is not something that is one-and-done. It is yet another powerful way to access your own deepest, wisest self throughout the rest of your life.
During Tarot for Discernment, I will offer some of my own reading idiosyncrasies and those members of the class who are already familiar with reading Tarot will have the chance to share your own methods. While we won’t go through how to read each of the 78 cards, we will share our thoughts and intuitions about the images on each card we choose.
However you choose to engage the materials, you’ll have the chance to learn from other learner-teachers, as well as from me, the teacher-learner. We’ll all be in it together. I’ll be interested to hear how each of us engages our intuition more fully using this particular tool. It’ll be an adventure we share together!
What’s included in Tarot for Discernment
- Each Thursday evening of each of our three weeks together, we will share one recorded “content” call on Zoom, during which I will introduce the spread, or reading, for that week. We will begin with the simplest spreads and methods I know in the first week and move toward a more complex reading in our third week
- Then, on Mondays, we’ll discuss the material together—how you’ve used the spread, what emerged for you over the week, whether or not you found that particular reading helpful, etc.—on another recorded Zoom call.
- You’ll have access to all six recordings and may download them to keep. That way, if, say, you miss a content call, you can watch it at your leisure and still participate fully in the following discussion call. Or if you know you’re going to be away one of the weeks, you’ll still have the benefit of the content and discussion calls, both.
- You’ll receive a PDF each week for you to download and print out as a guide to our reading of the week. Again, this is material I’m giving you to keep and use again and again.
- Not only that, but just as with Making Hard Choices, we’ll have a closed Facebook group so that you can bring up questions or observations all week long, things that we can address in our Monday calls, or other topics for discussion.
- Tarot for Discernment will use the same intuitive skills that are part of Making Hard Choices. You may take Tarot for Discernment as a stand-alone course, just as you can take Making Hard Choices alone, or, for a discounted total price, you may sign up for both together.
- Again, if you’re very familiar with Tarot, be welcome and feel free to bring your experience! If you’re not, get yourself a deck, and join in with gusto! The only requirement is that you be willing to learn a discernment tool that leans heavily on your own intuition. Tarot never tells you something you don’t already know, deep in your own, wisest self. So come to Tarot for Discernment, and find out what that self is saying, learn what you’re missing, what you need to know, dare, and do!
Still have questions?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll personally answer your questions.
I so look forward to working with you!